Usually brief and always honest, i open boxes features mostly book reviews, with plans for the very occasional post about other noteworthy buys and particularly notable booze. If you follow me on Instagram, you probably know me as @seekingeloquence.
Latest Book Reviews
- Arsenic and Adobo by Mia P. ManansalaThis cozy mystery is filled with charming surprises, curious revelations, and delightful nods to Filipino-American food, life, and culture.
- The Last Exiles by Ann ShinIn an incredibly moving chronicle of love, hope, desperation, and perseverance, a young North Korean couple risks life and limb to escape the country and reunite. It begs the question: What would you be willing to do in order to survive?
- Gild by Raven KennedyGild is a riveting and twisty retelling of King Midas’ tale, and book #1 in Raven Kennedy’s Plated Prisoner series.
- Black Water Sister by Zen ChoIn Black Water Sister, elements of fantasy, horror, and even dark comedy intertwined to create a thoroughly enjoyable tale.
- The Midnight Library by Matt HaigIn a concise yet expressively written narrative, Matt Haig serves up a universal message of hope— for when all you see in front of you is despair.
- A Girl Like You by Cari ScribnerA Girl Like You is an enjoyable romp that reels you into Jessica’s slice of post-menopausal singledom— online dating disasters, sexual triumphs, and all.
Genres, Tags, and Topics
3-Stars 4-Stars 5-Stars Adalyn Grace Advanced Reader Copy Alex Michaelides Angela Mi Young Hur Angela Slatter Asian Authors Books for Musicians Brianne Moore Business Carola Lovering Chick Lit Colleen Hoover Contemporary Romance Erotica Fantasy Fiction Francesca Miralles Gothic Historical Fiction Héctor García James Clear Kindle Unlimited Literature Memoir Min Jin Lee Mystery Mythology and Folk Tales Non-Fiction OwnVoices Personal Development Psychological Suspense Psychological Thriller Romance Romantic Suspense Sarah Pearse Sarah Penner Series Silvia Moreno-Garcia Speculative Fiction Thien-Kim Lam Thriller YA